Thursday, October 29, 2009

Happy Halloween!



Hi all!

Can you believe that we're going into week 8!?! This quarter has really flown by! I know my list of projects is ridiculously long, and judging by the number of students banging their heads against the wall on Floor 4, I know I'm not the only one! :) Don't worry, first years, we always make it through. I wanted to send out a social/service update!

Service: A few interns (Bronwyn & Val) and second years (Lynn, Trinidad, Laura, Diane, and I) volunteered for the Chicago marathon a few weeks ago through ISPA, and had a blast! We worked the Goose Island/312 table, handing out beer to the runners at the finish line. They were quite happy to see us, and they kept us really busy! :) The marathon never ceases to amaze me, with the sheer number of runners, volunteers, and fans that together make the run one of Chicago's biggest annual events! It is such an inspiring day, and I know I speak for the group by saying that it feels really good to have participated in such a monumental event, and I can't wait until next year! Above are pictures of us at the 312 stand!



Picture 1: Val, Kate, Diane (above)
Picture 2: Laura, Kate, Diane (left)




Also, we are planning a fun social event in the city right before Winter quarter begins, on Saturday, January 9. Just as a warning...it may involve karaoke, so start practicing your favorite Cyndi Lauper and Madonna tunes! :) More details to come, but please put this in your planners!

Good luck with your final projects/papers, and please let Kate, Diane, or Laura know if you have any ideas for SPO!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment